Year 2023 has been busy for an old, retired guy like me. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would have been so deeply involved in the Oil and Gas business my second year of retirement. Even though I’m maybe a little too busy, I’m enjoying the heck out of it. What I’ve come to understand is that it is ok to be busy when you’re retired. However, I’m busy with things I ENJOY doing. Since retired, I haven’t done anything I don’t want to do. Most everything I do is fun. Why do stuff that I don’t enjoy doing. Here are some categories of non-funs things I don’t do anymore:
- I don’t get up early anymore. Laying in my warm bed this morning was so nice.
- I don’t have to go to work anymore.
- I don’t have to play politics in the workplace anymore.
- I don’t have to talk to people I don’t like.
- I don’t have to deal with work stress.
- I don’t have to work for bad managers.
- I don’t have to keep my opinion to myself.
So, to sum it up……I’m FREE!! And I’m thankful every day for this retirement life I have been blessed with. I can’t wait until everyone who reads this gets to enjoy a healthy, blessed retirement like I have.
In the meantime, be thankful for having a great Oil and Gas job. Working in corporate America is never a bed of roses, but it grows your character and makes you a better employee and person.